Extra Curricular Activities
- Member, IEEE (since July 2009).
- Member, IEEE Communications Society (since September 2009).
- An active member of Dhaka University Teachers Association (Since 2004).
- Convener, Programming Contest Committee of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Dhaka (2005-2006).
- Coach, Dhaka University Gryffindor Team, First runner up team in the ACM ICPC Regional Contest (Dhaka Site) and Selected for ACM ICPC World Final 2006 held in San Antonio, TEXAS, USA during 9-13 April 2006.
- Assistant Provost, North Halls of Residence, Islamic University of Technology (IUT), Board Bazar, Gazipur, Bangladesh.
- Administrating the Novell Netware 5.1 server running file server, DHCP server and FTP server services with more than 600 user accounts of Islamic Univ. of Technology (IUT).
- Worked as Convener of “VSAT and Network Installation Committee” of IUT responsible for designing, planning and supervision of the whole project work.
- Worked as a team leader in the project “Design and Development of a mailbox software for IUT computer center named IUTQUICKMAIL”
- Configuring and maintaining windows 2000 proxy server running IUTQUICKMAIL
- Supervised project works of the students of IUT. Some mentionable projects are: Design and Development of IUT Campus Network, A New Architecture of Integrated UMTS Using GPS for Efficient Soft Handover Management, A study of Mutual Exclusion Problem, Process Decomposition Methods and Scheduling Techniques of Distributed Computing and Implementing and Managing Networking Services on Novell Netware Platform.
- Conducted the International Short Courses, offered by CIT Department of IUT and prepared the course materials, on
- “Relational Database Management Systems: Using Oracle” in academic year 2003
- “Computer Networking: Installation, Configuration, Maintenance and Administration” in academic year 2002
- “Computer programming in JAVA and its applications” in academic year 2001
- Coached the ACM ICPC programming contests and National Programming Contest participating teams of IUT for three years.
- Devising syllabuses of several courses like High Speed Networking, Communication Engineering, Distributed and Parallel Computing, Network and Distributed Operating Systems etc.
- Worked as member of different committees in different times like Congregation committee, Admission Committee, purchase committee, examination committee etc.